How to Get Rid of Garlic Breath: Useful Tips
Many people love garlic. It adds a special flavor and odor to meal. People also know it as one of the best immune system protectors. Besides, garlic is useful for heart and stomach. However, after eating or cooking garlic your breath and skin have a specific odor. There are several methods to kill garlic breath fast.
Things to Do
- Brush your teeth, use a floss to get better results, and scrape your tongue. You can also use a mouthwash as well as a water pick. This way the pieces of food won’t rot in your mouth and won’t cause garlic breath.
- Eat a piece of lemon. The juice will kill bacteria. In order to eliminate garlic body odor wash hands with lemon juice.
- Chewing a mint gum can be very useful. First of all, it masks your garlic breath. Besides, it helps to dislodge garlic and other food particles between your teeth.
- Try coffee beans. Chew them a while and then spit them out.
- If you want to kill garlic breath, mustard can help you as well. Spread a teaspoon of mustard around your mouth and keep it for 1 minute. After you spit it out, swallow a little bit of mustard. It will kill the garlic smell throughout your body.
How to Get Rid of Garlic Breath: Things to Eat
- Chew parsley, cardamom, fennel, mint, or cloves. They kill the smell of garlic. If you cook and add garlic to your dishes, you may add parsley and it will prevent you and your guests from having bad breath.
- Vegetables such as mashed potatoes, carrots and mushrooms kill garlic breath as well.
Things to Drink
- Drink green or peppermint tea. Garlic produces sulfur compounds, and tea contains polyphenols that eliminate these compounds.
- If you want to reduce garlic breath milk can help you. Whole milk counters the smell of garlic better than slim milk. However, it is more efficient if you combine eating garlic with drinking milk.
- Alcohol helps to get rid of bacteria in your mouth. As a result, garlic breath is removed as well. You may try a shot of vodka or other alcoholic drink.
How to Get Rid of Garlic Breath the Next Day
The so-called ‘side effect’ after eating garlic may last for a few more days. In order to kill the smell the next day, first of all, don’t forget to brush and floss your teeth as it was mentioned above. You can use a trick called ‘Latin Touch’. Mix cinnamon powder with a spoon of honey and rinse the mouth every morning so that you can eliminate garlic breath the day after.